What is Bliss, Anyway?

"Ignorance is bliss" vs "Knowledge is power"

At a certain point in my life, I used to wish I could be ignorant about some matters. It seemed better not to know, not to understand. Knowing might hurt me, especially regarding issues I felt I couldn't overcome, the kind where the more I knew and tried, the more I felt helpless.

The bubble of ignorance would shield me from hurtful facts.

But what if, while I protect myself from being hurt, others suffer instead?

The others who choose not to ignore.

The brave ones.

The patient ones.

My ignorance would cause them a lonely fight.

Instead, I have the option to join the battle with them.

Fight the hurtful things. Fight the uncomfortable things. Fight for the important things.

What is bliss, anyway?

Is it finding comfort for myself or fighting together for people and matters that are important to me?



Note:

When I re-read this journal, I realized what I wrote is basically the typical arc of a side character in every story: the cowardly ones who are scared to face hardship, haha :D

Komentar

Postingan Populer